This weekend we did something that we are getting very good at. We mooched our way to a 2 day vacation. Eric's parents have a condo in Midway that they get every fall and we were invited to use it for Friday evening. Unfortunately, I had prior commitments for a few Primary things and wasn't able to get away. When Saturday afternoon rolled around we were bumming around the house being disappointed that we weren't able to take advantage of getting away Friday night when it occurred to us that we should see if we could a solicit an invite for Saturday night. The timing was perfect as it was Stake Conference for us this weekend and
both of our kids have horrendous coughs. Being the level-headed people we are, we realized that we would certainly miss Stake Conference on Sunday anyways. After all, it's not like one of us could go while the other one stayed home with the kids or anything. One phone call later we had our invitation and we took full advantage of the opportunity to get away. It was a lot of fun and I really believe Keith and Karma enjoyed having us there. I also believe they are going to enjoy it even more now that we are home! We had a relaxing couple of days and spent a lot of time just hanging out together. It was so much fun. Unfortunately, I don't think the kids coughs are getting any better. I think our big outing for tomorrow might be to the Pediatrician. Here are some pictures of our fun time:
Eric really was happy to be there despite the look on his face in this picture. Look how cute Landon is reading his book...

Despite being sick, Allie insisted she be allowed to swim. Are we bad parents or what?

Allie played peek-a-boo with Landon and a couple of leaves. He thinks she is so funny.

Then there was a crawling race.

Followed by Allie attempting to teach Landon how to roll down a hill. He was more interested in eating leaves.

Landon tried to escape Allie but he wasn't fast enough.

Are these the cutest kids ever, or what?

There are times when I feel as if I am intruding on them. Karma commented this weekend on how watching them together she
knows that they must have been best friends in heaven. I have had the very same thought.


1 comment:
I agree! I have always known they belong together but it's always nice to have it confirmed!
Post a Comment