This post is going to cover a lot of ground so hold on. I've been slacking a bit on my blogging duties. Of course, it might help if Eric took a turn. Are you reading Eric? If so, it's time for you to take a turn. Maybe a "public" reprimand will do the trick?
So this week was filled with lots and lots of fun, food, family, friends, and football. Say that 3 times fast. We spent Thanksgiving with my family this year. With the addition of so many little ones since the last time we had Thanksgiving together, it was definitely a new experience. When we had Thanksgiving with my family in 2005, there were 3 grandchildren. Now there are 7. Babies come with so much gear that they take up at least twice the space that an adult does, making for some tighter quarters than we are used to. It is so much fun to be surrounded by all the noise and laughter that having that many little ones in a house brings. It was a very fun day...thanks Mom & Dad!
That evening we gave the kids their Christmas pajamas and a Christmas book. We think this is a fun way to kick off the holiday season.
We decorated our tree on Friday. I was totally unconvinced that this was a good idea. I was in favor of putting it up on Christmas eve and enjoying it for one day. Landon is in to everything right now. In fact he pulled something down on top of him on Tuesday and got a mild concussion. He spent the day throwing up and being mad. He is fine now but it was a little scary. I am learning what it means to have a son. Anyways, after that disastrous incident I was sure that the tree was bound to be a problem. We have a little lattice fence that Eric's brother Monte gave us when Allie was a baby. So far it has stopped him from toppling the tree. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he continues to be deterred by the barrier.
Later that afternoon we went and saw Enchanted. Eric, Allie, and I all enjoyed it. We give it a big thumbs up (especially for those of you who have watched more than your fair share of Disney princess movies).
Saturday was a big day at our house...BYU vs. Utah. Eric and Allie went and watched the big game with his Dad and brothers and Landon and I hung out at home and worked on Sharing Time for Sunday. We are all grateful and happy that BYU pulled out the win.
And finally today our good friends Gabe and Kristy blessed their baby. It was fun to spend a little time with them and their families celebrating their newest little one.





1 comment:
Landon's hands have grown some new chub! He is about to take another growing spiert!
We say that movie to! It was much better then Happy Feet we saw last year!
Post a Comment