While we strive to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Okay, I Admit It...
I am a little bit on the obsessive compulsive side. It's how I maintain order in my busy, fun-filled, mommy life. I am still serving as the Primary President in my ward, a calling which I absolutely love most of the time. Anyways, true to my OCD nature I have begun typing up lists of major Primary events that will happen in 2008. What I can't believe is that my daughter's name appears on one very important list..."Baptisms 2008". Even though I am not in complete denial about the fact that she is growing up, there are times when I am absolutely stunned by how quickly it is happening. Then there are moments like one that happened just the other day. Allie had some friends over to play and while they were searching for a movie she quietly came to me and begged me not to reveal the awful fact that she still enjoys watching My Little Pony movies. I was totally confused and asked why. Her reply was "It's embarrassing. Only little girls watch those movies." I was completely shocked and just replied "okay....". I for one am not ready for her to be done watching little girl movies. I am not ready to bid goodbye to the innocence of youth or to embrace the tumultuous time of pre-adolescence. I know that it's not all bad, I'm just not ready. I'm not sure I ever will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with you. My daughter Malynda is going to be baptized in June. Ella is going to be 2 and Blake is going to be 6!! I think that time has flown very fast!!
Post a Comment