Saturday, December 22, 2007

A "Stinky Boy" To Call Our Own

Eric has long served in the Young Men's Presidency. It is where he has served for all but about 2 years of our marriage. So, we are kind of used to having large groups of boys around our home on occasion. When Allie was 2 or 3 years old she started calling the YM the "Stinky Boys". This came about after the boys returned to our home following a week long campout during which no showers were taken and probably very few clothes were changed (YUCK!). The name stuck. From that day forward the YM have been lovingly referred to as the Stinky Boys by our family. The boys even get a kick out of it.

Just the other day when I was changing Landon's diaper Allie walked in, got a sniff, and remarked "Well, I guess we have a Stinky Boy of our own now. It's a good thing we have had a lot of practice with having Stinky Boys around". I couldn't agree more. Having a son of my own gives me a little bit more patience with teenage boys. I realize that all too soon another wife and mother will be smiling as my Stinky Boy invades her home. I also realize that no matter how big and stinky my Stinky Boy gets, he will always be my baby.

No comments: