Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A little taste of Oceanside

Eric downloaded all of our vacation pictures onto his laptop...and then left it at work. So, for now, I thought I'd share a couple of videos of the kids having fun on the beach.

Allie fell in love with Bodyboarding during this beach trip. She spent hours and hours in the water having fun. Allie was always the first one in the water and the very last one out. She couldn't get enough!

Landon hated the ocean and the pool! He would cry every single time we took him to the very edge of the water and put his toes in. We're going to work on that before our next trip to the beach. What he did enjoy was playing in the sand and chasing the seagulls all over the beach with his cousins Carly and Joe.

We had a really fun trip and the weather couldn't have been better. I love spending time vacationing with family more than anything else in the world. We are already trying to figure out how soon we can get back to sunny Southern California where the weather and the gas prices are a whole lot nicer right now.

6 comments:

grandma b said...

WOW! Allie is quite the surfer girl! Good job Allie. Landon will love it too someday. Loved it when he noticed his shadow following him. It's not just his reflection in the oven door that entertains him!

ang said...

They are cute videos. I think we all need to pack up and move to California, that way we can all play at the beach everyday. And the bonus would be it would be a little warmer during winter times.

Marci said...

Oh so fun. I wish I could get back there too. What is it with these "tuff" little boys afraid of the ocean??

Katrina said...

Oh I love these videos. Allie is quite the little beach bunny. It was so funny to see Landon doing what boys and toddlers do best. Getting dirty!! I loved his little shadow. So cute!

Lori said...

I understand the thing against water, I have the same problem as does my younger brother and sister! Poor kid maybe someday he will be braver than me!

Glad you guys had such a great trip! :-)

Jennilee said...

I'm am so glad you guys had fun. That is so great. We need to plan a trip to visit together. That would be so much fun.