On Saturday Allie went to the UVU Women's Basketball game with our friends, the Boettchers. Chris is one of the coaches. When she got home she came in and showed me a rose that she had gotten at the game. She was grinning ear to ear and the first words out of her mouth were: "Mom, I know what you are thinking and I did NOT get this from him." She had gotten a rose from one of the players, but was horrified that we might assume it came from her friend Ethan (who she admits to having a huge crush on).
On Sunday I was sustained as the Camp Director for our ward. I am excited and looking forward to a fun week. Thankfully we have a great group of YW! Allie doesn't understand what all the fuss is about. She couldn't imagine why people kept commenting on my new calling. Because, after all, it is an easy calling in Allie's opinion. She said: "Don't people realize that you do Activity Days twice every single month? Camp isn't a big deal, it only happens once a year."

6 comments:
That is so great!! Such good logic! Congrats on your new calling. I am sure you will have a blast!
Lucky to have such an easy calling...just one day a year!!!
Ethan is one lucky little boy, does he know it?
She is so funny!! What a doll!!! And camp direvtor will be SO fun--I loved girls camp!!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I love how Allie gives us all a little perspective.
Don't rock the boat. Keep your new job - one time a year for a week, wow what are you going to do with all your free-time?
Good luck being camp director. Allie's right you do have it easy. J/k
Allie's only 8 and already getting roses. You guys are in trouble!!
Post a Comment