Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Blame Game

Lately Allie has become quite adept at blaming others in our family for a variety of things. She came and found me this morning and said, "I just want to show you something terrible that someone has done...but it WASN'T me. It was probably Dad or Landon. Or maybe someone who snuck in our house while we were sleeping." She took me to the dining room and showed me this piece of artwork on the wall. That darn Eric. I've asked him time after time to stop coloring on the walls. Maybe he does it so that he can repaint. We all know how much he loves to do that!

Photobucket

I think the best "blame game" moment came tonight as I was putting the kids to bed. Allie came to me and asked me why I purchased pornography for her. Certain that I had heard her incorrectly, I asked her to repeat her question. Oddly enough it still sounded like she was accusing me of providing her with pornography. It took a minute for that to even sink in. After it did and I asked her what in the world she was talking about she went and got a Dr Suess book off of her bookshelf. She flipped the book open to a page that she had taken the liberty to edit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't know that a Dr Suess book qualified as pornography. Apparently, the edited picture once was a scantily clad diver. Gasp!


5 comments:

grandma b said...

It sounds like a parent/child role reversal! Good luck with that! She'll be watching you.

ang said...

Love that Allie. She sure gets things right. You never know what she is going to say, but she sure is a good girl

Lisa said...

Ah ha ha ha ha! Now I understand why you were a little nervous about our 8 & 9 year old activity girls at the art museum. Did Allie notice anything?

Dustan and Micayla said...

OH MY GOSH!! I was laughing so hard when I read this post!! She is so dang funny!!!

Jennilee said...

I think that is the funniest thing I have ever heard from an 8 year old. She is so dany cute.