Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Sunday Evening Up Provo Canyon

Our AC has been acting up making all of us a little grumpier than usual. When we got home from church on Sunday our house was 84 degrees and climbing. We decided to take our dinner and head up Provo Canyon to Big Springs Park. It was a nice respite from the oppressive heat and it was so beautiful. We definitely don't go often enough.

One of Landon's favorite toys is his stroller. Just don't try and buckle him in. That ruins all the fun!
Photobucket
Landon has a flair for the dramatic. Even while drinking his milk.
Photobucket
Allie brought along her fishing pole to practice casting it. It was entertaining to say the least. She has "made up" all kinds of different ways to cast her line such as: the magic wand, golfing, and fly fishing. I think it's a good thing that there isn't a hook on her fishing line.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Landon loves to wrestle with Allie and I. Eric is always trying to get Landon to rough house with him instead. It never works. Maybe Landon is intimidated by his Daddy's size and strength? When Eric rolled over onto his stomach Landon took advantage of the opportunity to catch him off guard.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
When the sun started to set, the canyon was so beautiful. We kind of wished we could stay there instead of coming home to the miserable heat.
Photobucket

3 comments:

grandma b said...

Not a good time to have Air conditioning problems...but it's great to have an excuse to go to the canyon. Can't wait to go up the canyon this weekend with everyone! Happy Birthday to Allie on Saturday! And Happy Anniversary to Stacie and Eric!

Jennilee said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait until this weekend when we will all be up there.

Not fun to not have an ac. We would kinda know. It is just miserable. I am so sorry. I hope you guys can get it fixed.

Katrina said...

I miss Provo Canyon. Adam and I are constantly talking about when we used to take the girls up there. It was so close. Of course they were babies then. It is beautiful. Sorry about your AC, it does tend to make one grumpy. Believe me I know.