This post is a tribute to two of the very best cooks I know--Kristy & Lisa. When Kristy's boys were diagnosed with Celiac Disease I thought it would mean an abrupt end to delicious treats from her kitchen. I couldn't have been more wrong. Kristy has proven to be quite adept at baking with alternative flours and things turn out as yummy as ever. In fact, my own daughter requested a special gluten-free birthday cake after tasting one at Kristy's house. According to Allie it was the best cake she'd ever had. So...look what Allie got for her birthday this year:
The cake was delicious and the way it was decorated far exceeds anything I have ever even thought of attempting. My poor children. It's a good thing my friends take pity on them.
And then there is Lisa. On Sunday I had a meeting with the other Activity Day Leaders in our ward. Lisa pulled up just as I did and to my delight she had a treat. Lisa's baked goodies are always great. If you're ever lucky enough to attend a meeting with Lisa, you are in for a real treat (literally) because she will usually bring something delicious to share. The carrot cake she brought that afternoon was so yummy and I don't even particularly care for carrot cake. I happened to mention to her that I was craving it today and guess who showed up at my house this afternoon with a freshly baked carrot cake?
Guess who spoiled her dinner by eating 4 servings worth of carrot cake?



6 comments:
You are so lucky to have such great (and talented) friends!
Holy cow, go Kristy. I do believe she can do anything. Even playing the piano with the help of a naughty two year old. She should start charging....
How did you know that I had 4 servings?! (Your craving was a nice excuse for me to make myself some cake.)
I am in awe of Kristi's decorating skills. I had no idea, but I'm not in the least bit surprised. She's all talent.
Wow--you have talented friends. The treats look yummy!!
Yummy, I got some carrot cake too! I am going to have to talk to Kristy!
that looks so good. I love carrot cake!! Thank heavens for craftsy friends. (I don't even know if that is a word?)
Post a Comment