Tonight I attended my monthly book club meeting where we discussed this book:

I really liked this book. I have to be honest and say that the title didn't really grab my attention (dandelion's are weeds afterall) but I was hooked almost as soon as I began reading. The book is really a collection of small stories about a young boy and his adventures in a small town one summer. Bradbury is a very descriptive writer and uses great metaphors. As I read through this book I thought a lot about people I know and love who are similar to characters in the book. Here are two quick examples:
*Colonel Freeleigh reminded me of Grandpa Hudson. The boys call him the living time machine because he seems to have seen and experienced everything.
*Miss Fern and Miss Roberts (two elderly women) made me think of Grandma Hudson and her friend/partner in crime Colleen. They have this contraption called the green machine that they ride around town in and they cause a lot of trouble.
Dandelion Wine is a uniquely written book that I really enjoyed reading.
*Colonel Freeleigh reminded me of Grandpa Hudson. The boys call him the living time machine because he seems to have seen and experienced everything.
*Miss Fern and Miss Roberts (two elderly women) made me think of Grandma Hudson and her friend/partner in crime Colleen. They have this contraption called the green machine that they ride around town in and they cause a lot of trouble.
Dandelion Wine is a uniquely written book that I really enjoyed reading.
1 comment:
A book about our family. I've got to read this! I hope to have all my xmas shopping done before Thanksgiving and just sit back and read books. We can dream, right?
Post a Comment