Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Fun

I always love it when Eric gets a holiday off of work. It's even better when it's a holiday that we celebrate by just enjoying time together with our children. Early this morning Eric took Allie fishing. It was their second attempt in the last few days. They went Saturday but didn't have any luck so they thought they would give it another try this morning. Unfortunately, it seems that the fish weren't biting today either. Is it bad to admit that I am kind of happy about that? I threatened Eric with serious injury if he brought any fish home to our freezer. Since we are not fish eaters at our house, it is pointless to bring them home to eat. In fact, I think it's pointless to fish but apparently I am the only one who thinks that way in this household. I believe that Eric sees it as a rite of passage for a young child to fish with his or her father. I guess I can't argue with them getting some quality one on one time with each other. In fact, on the way home Allie consoled Eric by saying "It's okay, Dad. At least we got to spend some time together." I think that went a long ways towards soothing his fragile ego when it comes to fishing. After the unsuccessful fishing trip we drove up to the U of U to go to the Utah Museum of Natural History. Just going near the campus was a little bit of a challenge for Eric. I tried to get him to let me take his picture by a U of U football poster...he wouldn't have anything to do with that. However he and Landon did pose for Allie in the museum.

Allie had fun entertaining Landon and taking a bunch of pictures of him. The sillier he looks in the picture, the more she likes it. Here is the most normal looking one she got of him.
Isn't he cute? He has changed a lot in the last month or two. He was always cute, but somehow he just keeps getting more and more adorable! Later on we took some family pictures up Provo Canyon (thanks Paul & Jenn!) and then went for ice cream. Eric bought himself a new suit that he can't wait to wear. The last time he bought a suit was right before we were married! I think it was time. Hope you all had a great Labor Day too!

No comments: