Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Mini Vacation

I LOVE to go on trips. I don't even care where they are to. After church on Sunday we headed to Park City for a couple of days. We had tons of fun relaxing, sleeping in (all the way until 7:00 am), and just plain being together. I love getting away from it all and being without all of the day to day distractions. We've been home just a few hours and already I am planning the next trip. I'm thinking Maui sounds good. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

Allie started this trip off on the wrong foot. She was a little bit sick on Sunday. Luckily by Monday she was feeling much better. She loved that we let her watch way more TV than she ever gets to at home.


She does take after me at least a little. Allie is an avid reader. She especially likes the new Nancy Drew series, Junie B Jones, the Magic Treehouse, and the Friend magazine.

Lately Allie asks me over and over whether or not I think she will need braces. What do you think?

This condo had the biggest bathtub I have ever seen. Landon was not too impressed, however. He hates taking baths. It's a miracle I caught him smiling in there.

As we walked down Main Street in Park City Landon talked the whole way. He likes to suck on his index finger and drool all over whoever is carrying him.

Eric wore sandals, a t-shirt, and shorts. I wore a long sleeve shirt, a big sweatshirt, and wool socks with my shoes. Our thermostats are seriously mis-matched!


Allie was a little disappointed that she didn't get a picture of Landon's tongue sticking out this trip. She did manage to get a couple of cute pictures of Landon and I.

This is one of our family's favorite treats...a caramel apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. YUM!

Eric and Allie had fun swimming. Landon and I sat on the side of the pool wrapped in blankets and coats.

It was a fun little trip. On our way home we got some wonderful news. Our good friends Gabe and Kristy have a new baby boy. That makes baby boy #4 for them. Kristy is seriously outnumbered. We can't wait to meet him! Update: We've seen him and boy is he cute! It felt strange to hold such a tiny (8 lb.) little thing after toting Landon around all day.

2 comments:

Lobdell family said...

I have the same thermomoter as you. I love the pictures. You have a really cute family.

Stacie said...

Thanks, Jill.