Friday, April 11, 2008

SOOOO cold!

Tonight I took Allie to Thanksgiving Point Gardens because her choir group was performing there for the Tulip Festival (ironic because there were no tulips to be seen yet thanks to the extra cold temperatures!). Lucky little Landon got to stay at Poppy and Grandma's in their warm house and play with toys and eat food, his two favorite things.

I think it is safe to say that the children in the choir and their parents who had to bring them there were the only ones crazy enough to brave the cold. The worst part is that the sound system hadn't been set up so we had to wait around for that to be put up before we could even begin. The children in the choir cheered the loudest when the concert was over because they were so happy to be done and able to return to their warm cars. Is anyone else finding it hard to believe it is supposed to be beautiful weather in just a couple of days?

Allie was so excited to be there...for the first 5 minutes.
Photobucket

Thankfully our little buddy Jasper was there to keep us laughing. He is one FUNNY kid! When I took a picture of Allie he asked me to take one of him too. Allie told him that I would post it on our blog. He was excited (although I'm pretty sure he had no idea what that meant).
Photobucket

It could be worse. I could be on the Scout camp out with Eric tonight! I hope he's staying warm.

2 comments:

Marci said...

80 degrees next week can you believe it. Too bad they couldn't postpone it until then. I am sure she did great though. Sorry Eric, you couldn't pay me enough money to be at camp...okay thats not true, but it would take AT LEAST a thousand dollars.....and a tent.

Anonymous said...

They say the tulips will be best around April 24th. Maybe you guys can do the show again when it is spring. It was way too cold yesterday. We had fun playing with Landon. He kept us entertained.