Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Trip To Hogle Zoo

This week we had made plans to be in Moab. Unfortunately Eric's finals coincided with Allie's Spring Break. So...we had to find fun things to keep us entertained here at home. We've had a fun week going out to lunch, shopping for swimming suits for the kids, visiting the pet store, watching movies, reading lots of books, playing at the park, and taking a trip to Hogle Zoo. We were glad that Eric could take Friday off of work to be with us!

This trip to the Zoo was very different from the last trip we took there. On that trip Landon loved being in his stroller or being held, was able to be fed from a bottle, and slept on the car ride there and back. Not this time. Nope, this time he was a fiercely independent 1-year-old with a mind of his own. He roamed all over the Zoo, tried to climb under and over fences and barriers, collected garbage, rocks, and an assortment of food crumbs from the ground, scraped both of his knees, and kept us all chasing after him. Despite all that, watching his face as he explored and observed the animals was most definitely worth it. Every time we would walk to a new exhibit, he would look all around and we could always tell when he finally found the animals because he would yell out an animated "hi!".

Allie loved taking pictures and she has quite a few very good ones. She loves animals and the Zoo is one of her favorite places to visit. She is a terrific big sister and she spent more than her fair share of time pushing the empty stroller and chasing after Landon. Her help keeping Landon supplied with Cheetos on the ride home was invaluable!

On our way home we stopped by Grandma Hudson's house to wish her a Happy Birthday. We had a very busy fun-filled week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are sooo cute. We are planning on taking Kambree to the zoo. We haven't taken her since she was about Brooklyn's age. I think that she would love it. Landon is so Dang Cute!
Jenn

Marci said...

Landon was so happy at Grandma's I couldn't believe it. By the way we truly don't mean to leave right after you get somewhere. Next time I will call you in advance and we can go at the SAME time!!

Boettchers said...

Looks like fun! The kids love the zoo!

grandma b said...

Good job with the pictures Allie. Landon is definitely more active and independent these days...so cute!

grandma b said...

Keeping the kids active and having fun. That is a full time job. Loved the pictures. Looks like everyone was tired from the trip to the zoo. Allie is a big helper too. Did everyone sleep good that night? Bet they did.

Katrina said...

Stacie,

Your kids are beautiful. Landon looks so much like your family. What a cutie!! I am so glad that you found my blogsite. That way we can keep up with each other. I will make sure I post some new pics soon.

Love,
Trina

Katrina said...

Stacie,

Your kids are beautiful. Landon looks so much like your family. What a cutie!! I am so glad that you found my blogsite. That way we can keep up with each other. I will make sure I post some new pics soon.

Love,
Trina