Allie and I discovered a great new family activity this last weekend, geocaching. It was a ton of fun, I recommend it to everyone! We went up Provo Canyon's South Fork to Big Springs where I like to ride horses. A couple of guys from work joined us, Todd Jarvis and his family as well as Allen Sproul. Basically what you do is you look up the coordinates of a cache on www.geocaching.com, download or enter them into a GPS and then go find the cache. These caches are usually in a PVC pipe or an ammunition box and are stashed around town or in the mountains. Inside of them are various trinkets that you can trade out for a trinket you brought along, usually there is a logbook that you sign as well. Sometimes the trinkets can be tracked on geocaching.com. One of the trinkets we traded for can be tracked, it started out in Quebec, Canada and has traveled more than 4,000 miles. Tomorrow we are going to go and find two more with Landon and Stacie.



5 comments:
that sounds so fun!!!I want to go!
YEA Eric for posting. That does sound very fun. I have never even heard of that.
I had never heard of this before Sunday! It sounds like a lot of family fun.
That sounds like so much fun. We are going to have to do that with Kambree. I think that she would love it. Thanks for share such a great find.
Thats really cool. Wish I could see your pictures larger. Can I enlarge them on photobucket?
Post a Comment