Monday, May 19, 2008

A weekend away...

with my 3 favorite people. For Mother's Day this year I told Eric that instead of a gift I would like to have him and the children plan a fun activity that we could do together. I had in mind something along the lines of a picnic or an outing to get an ice cream cone. Maybe I should have elaborated a little because what I got was far beyond my expectations!

Eric booked a condo for us in beautiful Midway for 2 nights. But, it gets even better. Not only did he arrange for a great place for us to stay but he also took it upon himself to call my Primary counselor and asked her to cover Sharing Time for me this week as well as my Ward Council meeting. It doesn't get much better than that. I must give a shout out to Lisa here as she was the one who took on the bulk of my responsibilities yesterday--thanks, Lisa!

Here is a taste of what we did and saw this weekend:

We spent quite a bit of time just hanging out in the condo in our PJ's. It was awesome to just kick back and relax. Landon has developed a fondness for his blue blanket and loves to carry it everywhere with him. He especially loves to drape it on his head and walk around. This has resulted in more than a few bumps and bruises.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I wonder where he learned it from?
Photobucket
Photobucket
The cutest little sad face I've ever seen.
Photobucket
Cascade Springs.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We saw 2 ducks, 2 snakes, and a few fish at Cascade Springs.
Photobucket
Playing their own version of shuffleboard.
Photobucket
And chess.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Playing in the water...always a favorite!
Photobucket
Even dandelions are pretty in Midway.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Marci said...

Got to love Zermatt. I wish I would have known you were going we get great discounts. Anyway, sounds like so much fun and Eric you did a great job. I think he knew EXACTLY what to do.

ang said...

Wow you guys looks like tons of fun. What a great guy to even consider to cover church stuff--and by the way I wish dandelions looked as good in my yard as they do in midway!

Katrina said...

Oh that looks heavenly. We hit 104 today and anything cooler looks like heaven. So much family fun. What a beautiful family!!!

Love,
Trina

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like a lot of fun. Landon is looking like a little boy..not a baby. wow!

grandma b said...

What a great Happy Mother's Day gift! Great idea Eric! Looks like everyone had a good time. Maybe you should invest in some land in Midway, it's beautiful there and you end up there often! What a great place to go. Someone sure has some great looking grandkids!

Nature Nat said...

It looks like a great weekend. I am jealous you went to cascade springs. I am still waiting for that chance. I guess the loop won't be open for a little while still, so we'll see if we get up there any time soon.