That I am doing a lot of blogging these days. Well, at least for the last 3 days. I am trying to blog each day for one month. Why? I don't really know. I thought it sounded like a nice way to waste a little time. Actually, I've noticed that a lot of my friends and family have really slowed down on updating their blogs (to decide whether or not I am in fact referring to you, go check how many times you've posted in the last month. If it's more than 4 you're in the clear.). I think that it has less to do with not having anything to blog about and more to do with busy lives. I like hearing what you are doing, who you are doing it with, what you are cooking, what and/or who you are thankful for, household projects, what you do for entertainment purposes, and what you are thinking about. Oh, and any time you can call someone out on something...well, that's kind of fun (see my post from yesterday for a great example of this). I am going to lead by example, so get busy blogging!
With that explanation, here is today's entry.
It is so hot outside. Despite that, I have a one year old son is who determined to make me suffer through the hottest part of the day outdoors. He will sit at the door and cry until I have finally had enough and give in and take him outside. Because I don't find the same amount of enjoyment in looking for (or eating) bugs, playing in dirt, playing with the dogs, gathering rocks and sticks, or watering every inch of the lawn and sidewalk that Landon does, I have had to find things to keep me busy during our time outside. It's too hot to do anything productive so I read. Yesterday I read a couple of Ensign articles. The one that I really loved was all about President Henry Bennion Eyring (I like his middle name). He has always been one of my favorite General Authorities. I don't know why but I got a kick out of the fact that friends and family call him Hal. I guess it just sounds so "guy next door". I loved learning about his heritage of faith, his willingness to follow the still, small voice no matter the sacrifice required, and I loved reading about his wife. There is a funny part of the article that mentions something that his wife did to the family TV--you're going to have to read it to find out what happened. Anyways, I've decided that learning as much as I can about the actual person in each General Authority helps me to love, appreciate, and respect them and the counsel they give that much more. The next article in the July Ensign is about President Deiter F. Uchtdorf (I don't know what his middle name is yet, but I am excited to find out). In a very small way I am looking forward to Landon nagging me to take him outside so that I can discover some wonderful things about President Uchtdorf.

1 comment:
Thanks for the good example, I better get with it!
LOL
(to everyone else, that is not laughing out loud at our house!)
Eric
Post a Comment