Here is another Allie funny for you. Eric's family has a tendency to be a little bit on the tardy side. And by that I mean family parties and functions generally start 1-2 hours after the announced beginning time. It is something that I have learned to accept and to plan around. I can even laugh about it now. Allie has yet to learn this fine art. A few weeks ago she was waiting for a cousin to come over for a sleepover and she sat staring at the clock literally counting the seconds until she would arrive. When her guest was 5 minutes late she was ready to start making phone calls. By the time she was 15 minutes late Allie was pacing around the house driving us crazy. Finally, Allie came up to me with a big grin on her face and announced that she had discovered the solution to the tardiness problem. Here's how the conversation went:
Allie: Mom I know how to make sure that everyone in the Swain family is on time from now on.
Me: Really? Let's hear it...
Allie: Well, since we obviously don't live in the same time zones, maybe we could talk about which time zone we are telling time by when we plan our parties. Then we would all know what time we are actually starting things at.
Me: Oh, that is a good idea.
She might be on to something here. Maybe I'll suggest it the next time a family party is planned?
4 comments:
Sounds like someones been talking to Grandma and Grandpa Hudson.
I thought that too. Grandma & Grandpa would be proud.
True, but I have to comment your family on being on time lately. Thanks!
Funny
is that utah or nevada time?
Post a Comment