Monday, July 7, 2008

A Genetic Marvel

That's what a doctor recently called me. It wasn't intended to be a compliment. The phrase popped back into my head a few days later when I took Allie for her routinely scheduled Dental visit. It was at that appointment that we discovered that Allie is missing her 2 lateral incisor teeth. It's really not all that surprising since this is something that my Dad, Eric's sister, and myself have all had to deal with. Thanks to Allie's genetic heritage, she too will get the opportunity to wear braces, have false teeth attached to her braces and then retainer, and eventually have surgery to implant teeth. You're welcome Allie. Hey, there are worse things you could have inherited...just ask my Doctor.

4 comments:

Dustan and Micayla said...

Oh allie...that bits!! Teeth are the worst and talk about some serious cash to get things taken care of??? Good luck! And--hope you had a great birthday!

grandma b said...

Stacie and Allie...I wish you could have inherited my teeth. You should have left all the other inherited stuff (from my side of the family) alone! If we could only pick and choose!

Jennilee said...

I'm sorry. That is no fun, but at least it can be fixed. I wonder what our girls will inherit. I guess only time will tell.

ang said...

Ok I can see things now--I guess that was just me