Well, Spring in Utah this year totally STINKS! One of the greatest casualties for our family has been Spring soccer. Tonight was Allie's last game and I was hoping she would try and talk me out of making her go. Come to find out she was lured into going by the memory of receiving a medal at the final game last year. When it was time for the game to start, the other team still hadn't shown up (yay!) but they showed up as we were walking back to our cars (boo!). Allie & I took a wool blanket, a down quilt, and a nice big blanket to bundle up in. This was in addition to the coats, gloves, and hats that we were wearing. As I dragged our load out of the car I began to question my level of intelligence. Seriously, who does this? Apparently a lot of us do 'cause there sure were a lot of cars in the parking lot. And, for the record, Allie did indeed receive a medal at the conclusion of the game.
On a much happier note, tomorrow and Friday I am attending BYU Women's Conference...and Eric has graciously agreed to hold down the fort. I am looking forward to being inspired, uplifted, and enlightened.

5 comments:
congrats to Allie on the Medal! Hope you enjoy your classes Stac and good luck to Eric. What a great dad!
Don't forget to post what you learned at womens conference. Be smart, only do soccer in the fall. I guess if you plan on that though, winter would be here early!
Well that was a fun note! On another note--I was in the midst of byu womens thing traffic. I have to leave my house way early tomorrow to make it on time. I hear the prophet will be there tomorrow and you know what that means, yes more traffic!
I bet you had so much fun. Just getting away from the kids for a while was probably all the fun you needed. I love the girls, but man is it nice when I get a break! Hurray for great husbands!
Way to go Allie. Enjoy your medal. Soccer is fun. Just keep on reminding your parents.
Post a Comment