Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Weekend

On Saturday morning we hosted a Toone family Easter Party at our house. When I was younger we used to always go on an Easter Picnic with Grandpa & Grandma Hudson. It is one of my favorite holiday memories. We always had so much fun. One of the things that stands out most to me as I think back over those Easter Picnics was the crazy weather. I can remember being sunburned, rained on, wrapped up in winter gear, and every once in a while we'd luck out and have great weather. It has been a while since we did an official family gathering for the holiday. As much as my family enjoys being outdoors, we opted not to do a picnic since Easter came so early this year. Instead we invited everyone over and we introduced them to aebelskiver's for breakfast. After a yummy meal (Jenn, I need that quiche recipe!) we had an easter egg hunt and played "tough egg". The kids and the adults all seemed to have a great time. My funny little nephew Hunter told me 3 times "this is my favorite holiday ever!". Could it have had something to do with all the candy and cousins? I think so. So, family, I think we need to resurrect this time honored tradition. It was too much fun not to do again!
Photobucket
Check out Allie's gigantic easter basket. She chose it herself!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Kambree looks so innocent, but boy did she have a wicked arm when it came to playing tough egg. She was so funny to watch!
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

ang said...

this is fun and all, but I want the crazy Kambree video! Thanks for the party it was a lot of fun!

Stacie said...

It's coming once it gets edited a little bit. I'm going to make it a little shorter and then I'll post it.

grandma b said...

Wonderful party! Thanks for having us all over and for the yummy breakfast. We all had so much fun.

Marci said...

That breakfast was so yummy. Hunter kept asking when we could go back to find more eggs. Everyone really enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the party! It was a ton of fun!

Lisa said...

So, I need to know what aebelskivers is and how one plays "tough egg". You're always teaching me new things, Stacie! :)

Anonymous said...

That was a fun party. I enjoyed the activities. Wow what a tough egg contests. Someone has a wicked swing.