Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Little Landon Update

I took Landon to the Pediatrician yesterday for his 12 month well baby check. He passed with flying colors! He gained a whopping ounce since his visit 3 months ago and now weighs in at 21 lbs 13 ounces. Initially they were a little concerned about this until I told them that he started walking just after we last visited. The Dr. put Landon on the ground to see for himself. After watching him for a minute or two he determined that all of the moving around Landon is doing must be accounting for his slight weight gain. Dr Glade was impressed and said that Landon is "very advanced" in this department. Another compliment he gave Landon was that he said he thinks Landon has a delightful and easy going personality. I wonder what he'd think if he tried to change one of Landon's diapers?!? Landon really is a great natured baby most of the time. I am also pleased to report that 3 of his 4 teeth he was working on cutting over his birthday have popped up to stay (I think). Only 1 pulled a disappearing act. And, finally, despite his initial percentile on the height chart (13%) Landon is still right about average at 54%.

4 comments:

Marci said...

I heard you went, I also heard you got cornered by the nurse (I am guessing you know what I mean) I am not at all suprised that the little one hasn't gained weight. Did you happen to bring up his eating habit??

Stacie said...

Cornered? That's one way to put it. If I had a dollar for every time someone tells me that they can cure diabetes I'd be rich!

About the eating thing, we're watching it. He does TONS better now than even just a couple of weeks ago. I mentioned it but I didn't tell them that I was extra concerned about it. I have an appointment next month-for Allie-so if I can see that he needs some attention I'll mention it again then. I am kind of wondering if I was giving him food that was more "advanced" than he was ready to handle with 2 teeth. I don't know?

Marci said...

I don't think so, the poor kid had was having trouble eating babyfood when I fed him, the good thing is, at least he is adorable:) Yea, she called me to tell me she talked to you, I just had to laugh.....

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear about Landon. Yes Landon is a very active kid. But I am sure that he is growing ok. Glad to hear all is well. So are you selling stuff? Are you taking new stuff?

Good luck