Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Guess What We Did Today

We went and met with LDS Family Services to start the process of adopting another child. This wasn't really in the plans until very recently. We always knew that we might someday do it again, but we thought it would most likely be down the road a little ways. I always felt like we waited so long to get Landon here that I just wanted to relax and enjoy him for a while. Ultimately we came to the conclusion that we could enjoy both our children and begin the long process of adoption. After all, were not getting any younger.

The day that our new adoption packet came in the mail I was so excited. As I opened it up and started to read through all of the information, I was overwhelmed all over again. Despite what some may think, adoption is not an "easy" way to have a baby. It is an awesome, spiritual, beautiful experience but it is not easy. For just a moment I questioned whether or not I was truly ready to take this plunge again. All it takes though is one look at our sweet little boy and I know it is worth every ounce of effort required.

You will probably start to see many posts about this new chapter of our lives as we anxiously await the moment that we will have another child lovingly placed in our arms by a birthmother who is willing to make a tremendous personal sacrifice for the child that she loves enough to let go. We would very much appreciate any prayers you could spare in our behalf. If you are ever aware of a birthparent who is considering adoption, we would love for you to tell them about us. As we build our adoption file, we will have an online profile that you can refer people to. You are also welcome to share the link to our family blog. Thanks in advance for your support in this endeavor!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Thats very exciting, I am sure everything will work out for you. If you need any help with anything please let us know. We'll help you with anything you need.

Lisa said...

Hurray! We are SO happy for you!

Marci said...

It is so exciting because you never know this time.. you could have a baby in a week or in a few years but either way......Landon is sure worth it, life wouldn't be the same without him. Good luck we will be praying for you!!

grandma b said...

My heart is so full as I even anticipate another grandchild in our family. I could not have ever imagined the depth of love I have for our little Landon, we love him so much and know that he is loved by SO many. Another child would truly bless us all - especially your home!

Stacie said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Paul, you can pretty much count on us begging for some help in the picture department.

Stacie said...

OR...have you ever considered Jenn being a surrogate? Does this fall into the "anything you need" category? :)

Marci said...

Good one stac

Lobdell family said...

My husband was adopted. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Well, who better to bake a baby than my Jenn! She's good at making them stay in till their done!

Rachel said...

That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you!